Saturday, June 17, 2006

And They're Off

M & A, plus A's boyfriend J and M's friend S, took off in my car for Baltimore and the beach this morning. It makes me nervous as hell when both my children are out there in the great wild blue yonder, or at least I-81, in one car but A is a good driver, the car is running fine and so on and so forth, and I freak out too easily. I need to look at the silver lining, which is that I will now be alone for four days, ah, beautiful: in fact I am already planning a nap. And I'm planning on mowing the lawn and cleaning the house, sigh, but I think those will be post nap activities.

I'm a bit stressed out about the mom situation, because it seems like every test just leads to more questions with no definitive answers. Still, go ahead please and light a candle for her or say a little prayer or hold her in the light or, hell, sacrifice a white goat or something, would you? I tried to light a candle for her at the Basilica last night, but fuck the Catholics: the church was locked. I understand from a sensible logical standpoint all the horrid reasons why the cathedral is locked at 10:00 on Friday night, but from an emotional standpoint it sent me into a brief and dramatic meltdown which may or may not have had something to do with a long day, little food, and three quick after work beers.

No comments: