Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Hee Hee, Popularity

I got an email from Consumating last night and since I had completely forgotten about them, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that 23 people like me and only 3 do not. Here I am, you can vote for me. Or not. I don't know what I ever did to those three people, but oh well, I guess you can't win all the time. Anyway I answered a couple of their questions in a cute and amusing way and now I am anxiously awaiting a date from Consumating. Given the fact that my fabulous profile, even if I forgot about it, has been up for months with no results, I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath.

In other news, trying to save money by buying two kinds of cheap ass coffee and mixing them instead of just biting the bullet and buying good coffee sucks donkey balls. The coffee I am drinking right now, an aromatic mixture of 8 O'Clock French Roast and Cafe Bustelo, is pretty much the nastiest coffee I've had since my old profession used to demand that I occasionally go to 8 a.m. PR Committee meetings at the chamber of commerce. At least no one here is trying to foist off stale doughnuts on me.

6 comments:

Jim Jenkins said...

That is some funny, funny shit! I especially like the chili answer as I read it the same way the first time.

Howsabout skipping out of school early tonight for DL at its new digs? I miss you.

mygothlaundry said...

Can't do it tonight, hon, sorry. Have to take my mom in for some medical stuff early, early tomorrow morning.

Jim Jenkins said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that all goes well. Also, Fresh Market has very fresh coffee beans for $8.99 a pound. Their dark roast Sumatra is the best damn coffee I've ever had. Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

This morning I woke up thinking about your coffee situation and thought I'd pass along that if you walk to the back of Green Life to an area in front of the frozen meat cooler, there are shelves of bargain stuff. I found bags of fresh "Unknown Coffee" that other shoppers had poured from the bean bins and then left. $5.99/lb (marked down from the usual $9.99+/lb), and they sometimes write the coffee code on the bag and you can go back and check....

Anonymous said...

ps--
Some bags are ground coffee, some whole bean.

mygothlaundry said...

Ooooh, awesome tip, althea, thanks!