Saturday, March 18, 2006

Clean Gourds

Through a miscommunication, I ended up doing nothing all day waiting for a phone call, which didn't make me happy. It made me, in fact, so unhappy that I had to go to Target for some retail therapy, and is thus responsible for the fact that I'm now the proud owner of a $6 bright kermit green hooded fleece pullover. Also, some chocolate. Quite a lot of chocolate, actually. It was that kind of day. I cleaned the house. I shaved my legs for this. Grrrrrr. And, in a fit of desperation and on the pretense that it was a creative activity, I scrubbed the mold off the dried gourds with bleach and steel wool, because that's how bloody bored I was.

When I went to pick up M this evening therefore, I had been nursing my grievances most of the day with no one to tell them to. I told him how miserable I was and how useless my day was and he said perkily, "Yay! Clean gourds!!"

So I laughed for a long time and then A & her boyfriend came on over to watch Rock N' Roll High School and I feel better now. Also, I have clean gourds all over the dining room table and maybe I'll get inspired to make something interestingly crafty hideous with them.

No comments: