Friday, March 24, 2006

Another Boring Blog Post

Well, it's about 6:00 and I'm still in my pajamas. How's that for a new laziness record? This kind of behavior takes dedication, you know. Not everyone can spend a Friday doing not one blessed thing and not even have a hangover to blame it on. It's incredibly bad, I know. But it's cold and gray outside and I just haven't felt like doing anything except read Jo Walton. If you haven't ever heard of Jo Walton, and I hadn't until I scooped her up at the library out of simple desperation (that oh god it's finally happened and I've read all the good books in the world and now I will have to start reading books I hate, what about this one, well, nice cover, okay I'll get it feeling) then you should. And you should go and get her books and read them, because she is good, yes, very very good, and she has actually done something new and interesting with King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, which no one else has managed since Terry Gilliam et al.

Drinking Liberally was particularly fun last night, as it generally is (even though, god, those people have, like, politics on the brain, don't you just hate it when people talk about politics all night? I mean, sheesh.)partly because certain local concerned genius citizens have come up with this ne plus ultra of political satire which is, as I'm sure you'll agree, a thing of beauty and a joy forever. I am particularly fond of the kids' page and the links are informative and useful as well. Read it early. Read it often. And email it to your friends. Getting Charles Taylor out of office is vital, because I have to live here at least until M graduates from high school (o frabjous day that will be) and I would prefer to do so with woods & mountains & the vague possiblity of making a living around me, which is all unlikely to be here should our current congressman remain.

No comments: