Friday, January 21, 2005

More Work Angst and Inauguration Woes

I am even more bummed out by this work thing than I thought I was. I thought I was pretty damn bummed, but in actual fact I sort of feel like I was hit by a truck. I don't like being passed over for a job by someone who is totally less qualified than I am. It sucks and I'm freaking out and it's sort of poleaxed me to the point where all I can do is sit and surf the web. I took yesterday off as a mental health day and went to the Goodwill and bought a dozen mystery novels (my big stroke of luck, I guess it was the silver lining) and I've already read three of them. I still want to know if it's really that noir in New Orleans (more James Lee Burke.)I know I need to get off my ass ASAP and get another job, but I just feel kind of like a deer in the headlights.

Meanwhile, of course, King George the Unpleasant is being crowned with great pomp and circumstance and I'm trying hard not to let it get me down. I am failing. I don't want to go all political but I am terrified for the future of this country, with a bunch of deeply evil, lying, corrupt, hypocritical Jebus freaks at the helm. All politicians are whores, yes, this is true - but the current crew takes the old and honorable profession of prostitution and to a new and deeper low. At least hookers bring some pleasure or at least a surcease from pain to somebody, but the Bush crowd are just out to screw us all.

No comments: