Friday, September 18, 2009

TGIF


riders
Originally uploaded by mygothlaundry
It has been a long and busy week yet I don't have much to show for it. Most importantly, I do not have the book I ordered from Amazon marketplace last Saturday with, goddamnit, expedited shipping, to show for it and this has made my heart sore and my head ache and forced me to reread Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell which I didn't like much the first time around and am not liking much this time either. The only other thing I think I have to show for this week, besides a staggeringly high grocery bill - note to self, do not congratulate yourself on saving money by not going to Ingles for ten days: you have not saved money, you have just concentrated your spending into one horrible trip - is the corpse of a large and peculiar cicada type bug that all four animals, in a fascinating and unprecedented display of teamwork, hunted down and killed last Monday night. If I ever decide to make insects an integral part of my balanced diet, by god I won't be going hungry with four such dedicated bug killers at my disposal.

In other news, it looks like I'm going with Annie - and my daughter and my brother and whoever else wants to come - to Gatlinburg for the weekend in a couple of weeks. Whooo Gatlinburg! Conceivably the tackiest place on the planet! Myrtle Beach without the beach! I am looking forward to playing innumerable games of miniature golf and checking out the Gatlinburg nightlife in the form of the Hard Rock Cafe Gatlinburg because, well, I'm a masochist that way and I've never been to a Hard Rock Cafe and why start with London or Hong Kong or New York when you have all the cosmopolitan glories of Gatlinburg, Tennessee at your fingertips? It is going to be one hell of a big fun time, let me tell you and could probably be turned into one amazing short documentary film. Of terror.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! We just got back from a short week in Gatlinburg. It is indeed like Las Vegas and Panama City Beach rolled into one and stuffed into a mountain valley.