Friday, December 29, 2006

Waiting for Good Karma

Today is one of those days where I think the gods should send some kind of reward my way. I mean, I got up at 7:00 and took the dogs to the frozen park where they ran happily for an hour and I trudged equally happily around with my new tripod and took a bunch of fairly mediocre pictures of the park and the river and the blurry dogs. Still. 7:30 am and 25 degrees - don't I rate a reward of some kind? Not to mention that I'm going to work with my cold, like I did yesterday: I've just been pretty damn good lately.

No smoking, barely drinking, doing laundry, cooking dinner, keeping the house clean (okay, I grant you that one,) walking the dogs, not killing the puppy even when I find one of my favorite shoes half chewed up in the mud and, perhaps most importantly of all, persisting with holiday traditions despite the fact that both my children made it clear that they would far rather have been tortured on the rack rather than face another family holiday of any sort. And you know what I'm planning for New Years Eve? Cleaning the house and baking bread! Yeah! Party ON!

Sheesh. Maybe some opportunity to be bad will come along. Either that or I better win the lottery, you hear me, gods of fortune?

No comments: