Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Holiday Music

I confess, I am a total sucker for holiday music. I always have been, beginning in the days when I was rejected, year after year, for the elementary school choir. Teacher: "Almost! You're almost there, Felicity! Maybe next year!" I mean, wtf was she waiting for? My voice to break? I'm a girl, a, and b, if your chorister's voices are breaking in elementary school choir than you have more issues than a nice arrangement of the Gaudeamus will solve. At any rate, I still like it. A good version of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen can make me weak at the knees and the other day, when I was awakened by the Persuasions version of Joy to the World, I was just overcome with all this holiday feeling. I mean it was like I got to leave the Island of Misfit Toys for a moment. A brief moment, yeah, but a good moment. Dude.

Anyway. All of this is just a prod to send you over to my friend grabbingsand's blog, where you will find a really fantastically wonderful holiday mix, just for you. Enjoy. I sure as hell am.

2 comments:

Fearless Leader said...

Thank you so much for the referral! I figure, the more people that hear it, the better. Because at least the people they know will be listening to better holiday party background noise than your typical dreck.

Like Kenny G.

Or Mannheim Steamroller.

Fearless Leader said...

And by "your dreck," I mean "their dreck," you know. I don't think you listen to Kenny G.

Do you?