Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'm Done

My Christmas shopping is OVER. That's it; I'm done; one hairy, dizzy, awe inspiring (and by awe, I don't necessarily mean anything good, here, but more along the shock & awe lines) visit to the Evil Empire and it is all complete, thank you bebby jeebus. Well. Except for possibly one accoutrement to a friend's gift. And unless I get a wild hair. I even sent out almost all of my Christmas cards, which is truly miraculous, since usually what happens is I spend hours slaving over the damn things and then I never mail them, so I have shoeboxes of old cards that never got mailed laying around. This year I got smart & was creative on the computer and let winkflash print them for me and they were cheap and fast and hell, DONE. This years card is pictured here; if you want one email me and I will mail you one. Maybe.

So I woke up really early this morning for no apparent reason except that the dogs woke up too early and made scratchy jingly noises and then, after I had gotten over being pissed off about that and also given up on getting back to sleep I started thinking about self fulfilling prophecies and the power of positive thinking and I had this way inspirational blog post all ready for you but then, as one will, I did manage to fall back to sleep precisely 12 minutes before the alarm went off and thus, alas, it was lost. The short version is this, though: if you are a teacher bringing kids on a field trip to the museum and you accuse them of stealing before they even get in the door by saying, "Don't you dare steal anything! Don't take anything! Don't put anything in your pocket and sidle out the door!" then the kids will steal stuff like crazy. If you do not say anything at all about stealing and act like you never ever even heard of anyone ever stealing anything, anywhere, then the rate of petty pilferage will drop to almost nothing. So extrapolate from that and run with it.

No comments: