Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas and All That

Live blogging from the wreckage of the dining room, this is coming to you direct from THE NEW COMPUTER! YEAH! It's set up and working and hooked up to the intarnets and EVERYTHING, baby! So that's our big exciting Christmas news - we are now officially geeky, a two computer household. Just in time, too, since old computer has gotten really crotchety and miserable. But it will soon, soon be happier, because I'm gonna fix it all up.

Christmas is moving along nicely, actually. The only problem is that we were visited in the night by the Christmas cold fairy, and all of us are sniffling and sore throaty and a bit out of it. I personally have been feeling for several days like I'm orbiting the third ring of Saturn, but then that's hardly news.

Everyone got nice presents yet managed to complain anyway. The dogs each got a large ball and a large bone: Theo turned up his nose at the ball and stole half of Django's bone, which made Django sad. Then they both got thirsty and nearly knocked over the Christmas tree trying to drink the water out of the stand. M got lots of clothes which didn't make him entirely happy, since he's still young enough where clothes don't seem like they should be presents, but too old for toys: an awkward age indeed. A got lots of clothes and other stuff which should make her happy, yet she was not happy, because none of these clothes added up to the perfect Christmas afternoon outfit. I got a tripod, which was what I really wanted, but I managed to get cranky about it anyway, since A & her newly made up with boyfriend J bought it for me and I felt that they should spend their money on getting a goddamn place of their own to live in rather than on expensive presents. On the other hand I really, really, really wanted a tripod. The gods bless my brothers though, because they gave everyone gift certificates, and gift certificates are GOOD, and my mother is the Santa Claus who delivered this shiny new computer, yay, upon which I am typing, if I didn't mention that already: yay, yay, and yay some more.

And I hope that all of you are wrangling along as nicely as we all are, because complaining means we're alive and for this family anyway, it seems to be Just the Way It Is. Love & Peace & All That Good Shit to you! Merry Christmas, ho, ho, ho!

No comments: