Monday, September 25, 2006

Fair Planet


fair planet
Originally uploaded by mygothlaundry.
Because I just can't stop making tiny planets. Created with the help of the tutorial found here, where they also have all kind of other nifty and cool stuff. I am madly in love with that site, so look for more weird photo mods coming soon. Here's another planet, and another (I think they look best big) - and there are more. I know, I'm getting a bit carried away, but seriously, even if you don't like mine, these planets rock. I did a series of paintings of little planets with giant trees on them years ago, a la Little Prince, but this is just so much quicker and easier; it's fabulous. In other art news, I'm making a table for the New French Bar, which should be fun and I have all kind of weird ideas for it, and I'm building a monster in the front yard, or possibly a pagan god: he's not done yet. Either way my neighbors will be horrified and one hopes that the patrons of the New French Bar will be moved - into buying something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, i'm not sure if the settings are the same between photoshop and the GIMP, but have you ever tried setting the circle depth to 0% instead of 100%? interesting results.