Monday, September 11, 2006

Ah The Joy

The joy of having M living back at home and attending public school is just too great for words, because it only took him three or four weeks of school to bring home a particularly virulent cold and now we're all sniffing about miserably. I went to get the cold medicine out of the bathroom for my darling boy, who rarely gets sick, but tends to go all the way when he does succumb and discovered that it had all expired in 2004 and 2005 - when he went away to school and took his horrible kid germs with him. He is back. So are the germs. They may have had a point, in grade school, when they said boys had cooties and germs. Ah choo!

And then there's the joy of the laundry, and finding the neatly folded jeans from last laundry day underneath the dirty crumpled jeans that have to be washed, like, immediately please Mom because I have nothing to wear to school, is a joy that is hard to communicate. It's one of those joys that involves a lot of cuss words. Ah well. At least the worst things I'm finding in his pockets are world history notes, candy wrappers and the occasional dollar, which I keep as my rightful due.

No comments: