Sunday, February 12, 2006

It Snowed After All!


snow theo
Originally uploaded by mygothlaundry.
Snow! Lots of snow! More snow than I've seen in 5 years! Theo and I are excited!

Thank the gods for the snow because when I woke up this morning I was all depressed, thinking about my hopeless future, my hopeless past, my hopeless present - you know, the works, the entire (if I may steal from Beck) Soy Un Perdidor baby, so why don't you kill me shtick. But then I realized that it had actually seriously snowed over night and decades of conditioning sprang into play and I was joyously happy and I jumped out of bed in my horrible grubby red plaid fleece pajama bottoms & pulled on my boots & went out and took pictures of the snow.

Yes, decades of conditioning: snow day means no school means a long vacation day of playing in the snow & sipping coffee with whiskey and making a long and slow and elaborate dinner to warm up the kitchen. It's holiday in the purest sense, complete freedom not only from responsibility but also from any guilt attendant on not taking care of said responsibilities. See, yeah, okay, I don't do anything any day. But usually I feel guilty about it. On a snow day? I can do nothing guilt free. I might be a perdidor baby, but today I have a get out of jail free card.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I found your blog via a search for the company EMC, LTD. It led me to a chat room where you had answered an ad for them and then that site led me here. I hope you don't mind. I am just also very confused about this job. I answered that ad as well and have had suspicious activity since. I would like to tell you more to compare notes on the situation. if you don't mind could you email me at Heidallen@gmail.com? if you are too weirded out then don't worry I just need to talk to someone about this.