Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I Made A Hat


Hat
Originally uploaded by mygothlaundry.
I am so overwhelmed with pride at my fabulous hat. I made a hat, all by myself, completely without having a clue as to what I was doing, and here, as you see, is my incredibly fabulous hat. It's only slightly lopsided and there is kind of a hole at the top where the entire knit it all together thing got to be too much for me, but hey. No big. And a huge shoutout to the goddess of domestic bliss who taught me how to knit in a circle at Drinking Liberally last week, which sent me home to create this hat, which I (rather obviously) did without a pattern or any plan or pretty much anything in my mind at all.

I was so proud of myself last night upon completion of the hat that I had to do a little dance, and say, "I am a hat making girl!" Yes. Yes I am. I have joined the ranks of the hatmakers, at last. I think I might even be ready for Stitch N Bitch, now that I have become a bonafide knitting freak.

Of course, being a crazed craftster is a slippery slope. The scarves were clearly a gateway drug. And now, I have moved on to hats. Can socks be far behind? Or vests? Actually, more hats are coming. Perhaps hats with brims. I can purl now too. The world is my knitted oyster.

2 comments:

Bliss said...

The hat looks great! I am impressed. (Now that you know how to knit in the round, you could make some cool wristwarmers.)

Sweet Tea said...

Cool! I can't knit or purl. Maybe I should bring some knitting needles to drinking liberally!