Thursday, December 06, 2007

project 365 #338: ducks


project 365 #338: ducks
Originally uploaded by mygothlaundry
Well, I'm really sick this time. Sick as in there's a small mountain of kleenex next to my bed; I'm sitting here at home wearing my bathrobe and momentarily I'm going to retreat to my kleenex and my bed. Sick as in I can't stop coughing or sneezing or blowing my nose and sleep is hard since my nose keeps running and I keep on having bizarre dreams that wake me up. Yesterday, I managed to walk the dogs between sneezes, which is where we saw these ducks, but then I came home and didn't make it to work or anywhere else. Today, I feel worse than yesterday. And GOD DAMN IT I was going to go to Charleston this weekend to help M move from one apartment to another and now the chances of that have become vanishingly slim. The only good thing about that is that since I haven't seen him since Thanksgiving weekend, he probably didn't catch this plague.

Sometimes I think that if you feel like you're getting sick, as I did all last week, you shouldn't even bother with the vitamins and the echinacea and stuff, because all it does is put off the inevitable bad cold. And this is the worst cold I've had in a long time. Argh. To top it off, I have nothing to read. I'm going to have to venture out; there's no other way. However. If you would like to find out what your daemon is, you can do that here: just go over to the daemons link after it loads. Mine is Clitus the Ocelot (yeah, Cletus, the slack jawed ocelot, no doubt) and it said it would send me pretty code to give you a pretty picture, but I have not gotten it, so oh well. What the hell. I wouldn't mind an ocelot daemon at all. He could go get me more kleenex.

1 comment:

honeytoo said...

It's alway good to have an emergency shot of SOMETHING...just to know it is there...for ...whatever. It's a comfort thing and a gift from the universe when you need it.