Thursday, November 15, 2007

floating leaf morning


floating leaf morning
Originally uploaded by mygothlaundry
It's snowing outside. I'm not sure whether to do the dance of joy or the dance which expresses coldness & sorrow at the advent of winter yet joy that spring will yet come again, which is cool, since I hate that fucking dance.

I can't quite believe it's snowing, though, because I had sort of figured that snow was over now that we were all living in the future with iPhones and stuff. I was all set to be sitting around the desert sands, selling my kidneys for a metal can of water and telling my mutated grandchildren stories about how when I was a girl, water fell from the sky and sometimes even froze! Guess that's been put off another hour or two. That is the problem with global warming; it's never there when you want it to be.

In other news, I'm going to Charleston again tomorrow. Yes, and I happily anticipate a great many more trips to Charleston and also many visits to Asheville from a certain Charlestonian in the next few months. It is truly amazing, y'all, how much lives can change in a really short amount of time. Mind blowing, even. But good.

3 comments:

Lee H. said...

I am so tickled to hear how well things are going with Mr Charleston. I've been following your comments here and on MeCha, but hadn't said congrats yet, so... congrats. A happy Fliss is a great thing to see. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, the winds of change are a-blowin' - have fun and revel and dance the Charleston!

Jennifer Saylor said...

I am delurking to say YOU GO GIRL!!!