Tuesday, August 11, 2009

black eyed susans


black eyed susans
Originally uploaded by mygothlaundry
You know, I've been trying to avoid commenting on the health care thing, because every time I start to write something about it I start screaming and frothing at the mouth and end up writing four or five pages of ranting fury and horror and so on and then, for the good of us all, I delete it and go back to blogging about my dogs. The dogs are good, by the way. Good thing, too, because LIKE MOST AMERICANS THEY DON'T HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE AND WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY AND HOW CAN WE AS THEORETICAL BELIEVERS IN DEMOCRACY AND EQUALITY BE CONTENT TO SLIP LIKE TIS INTO SOME KIND OF DYSTOPIAN DICKENSIAN NIGHTMARE SCENARIO WHERE THE RICH ALL LIVE IN DOMES AND THE REST OF US CRAWL AROUND WRETCHEDLY. . . see? I can't help it. It would be so incredibly fucking simple for us to emulate the other, civilized nations of the globe and institute single payer healh insurance and then, you know, our slide into the abyss might not be so quick or so certain BUT IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN BECAUSE SO MANY AMERICANS ARE SO GODDAMNED DETERMINED TO NEVER DO WHAT MAKES THE MOST SENSE FOR THEM - SEE, POOR PEOPLE WHO VOTE REPUBLICAN - AND THEN A LOT OF THEM ARE JUST PLAIN FUCKING MEAN SPIRITED AND THEN THERE ARE THE LOUD STUPID ONES JESUS CHRIST THIS IS THE FIRST CHANCE WE'VE HAD IN YEARS TO FIX THIS PROBLEM AND Y'ALL ARE FUCKING IT UP.

Ahem. So it is probably better if I don't go into the health care debate. I did, however, write to my congressman and to my senator expressing (like a grownup, eschewing caps) my strong beliefs in health care reform that includes the public option. Actually, if it was up to me, we'd have long since had single payer and all the health insurance companies would be out of business, which would fucking rock, but since that makes TOO MUCH SENSE AND HAS BEEN CORRUPTED BY EVIL LOBBYISTS. . .

Okay. I have said my bit. Now you know how I feel and I urge you to let your elected representatives know how you feel too.

No comments: