Saturday, October 04, 2008

Bits and Pieces

So at this point, with everything cascading down around me, I seem to have finally found some kind of zen calm. Yes, it is probably true that I am a horrible person with no good qualities and I fully deserve all the shit that I've been going through in the last month or so. Oh well. So what? I'm not going to change much and that's all there is to that. I have to deal with my own life first, so, um, I have come to the pleasing realization that I do not really care what others think of me. This is freeing. Surprisingly freeing.

Therefore, whatever. Today is the first day of the rest of your life and all that so all I'm going to talk about is the fact that it takes longer to clean the fucking vacuum cleaner than it does to vacuum, which strikes me as somewhat unfair. I could actually go on for several pages about the current plague of dog hair in my life which has risen to unholy proportions, partly because the only way I can brush Theo is if I'm also constantly feeding him lumps of pot roast and I ran out of pot roast. But I will spare you although I will mention that Django, with what I hope is just his winter coat, is suddenly sporting a terrible doggy mullet. Business on the back, party on the sides! He looks ridiculous. Like me, however, he does not care.

In other news, I'm going to see a psychic this afternoon. Yes! A psychic! I am, well, psyched! Because at this point I feel as if I need some guidance and if that's going to come from the great beyond or the magic 8 ball or a lawyer or six (my friend D just said that she thinks what I need at this point is like a giant staff of lawyers and real estate agents and mediators and so on) well, who cares, really? The source of knowledge is not as important as the knowledge itself and maybe I'll find some. Or maybe I'll just waste some money and have an anecdote. Either way, it's a welcome break.

2 comments:

Will of the Hill said...

yhour wrong but i hope it helps. ;-)

content persephone said...

so how was the psychic?