Monday, July 07, 2008

I'm Buying a House

Okay, everybody, hold on to your hats and say the materialist Buddhist chant, the one you use when you want, you know, actual stuff instead of that boring shit like enlightenment and inner peace: Nam Myoho Renge Kyo! Because I put an offer in a house, or a houselet, really, about an hour ago and now I have to convince someone to loan me the money to actually buy it. This should be possible, because, against all expectations and statistics, I can actually afford it and, to make it even more amazing and fantastic, it isn't even a dismal hole - it's a wonderful little houselet with a wonderful little yardlet and I really like it and want to live there. It's in my favorite neighborhood. It's in great shape. It was built in 1922 and, most amazing of all, my mother even likes it and, as we know, my mother don't like much. So chant, y'all. Light candles and chant and cross your fingers and generally do all that groovy stuff that we all do when we really, really want something. Because I really, really want this and please, oh gods above and below and all, please let it all work out.

6 comments:

Gordon Smith said...

Candles burning, lotus flowers floating, chants of "Gwan Gitchee Sum" wafting...

Jeremy said...

I'm sending good thoughts your way!

zen said...

it's gonna fly... it's gonna fly... it's gonna fly... it's gonna fly... it's gonna fly... it's gonna fly... it's gonna fly... it's gonna fly... it's gonna fly... it's gonna fly... it's gonna fly... it's gonna fly...

Anonymous said...

Yay! So exciting!

*chant*chant*chant*chant*chant*chant*chant
*chant*chant*chant*chant*chant*chant*chant
*chant*chant*chant*chant*chant*

Anonymous said...

PS- we need pics! Must have pics of the houselet!

mygothlaundry said...

Unfortunately, read the update above. No house for me. Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. It's just not going to work out. Again.