Saturday, December 04, 2004

Stepped Off the Wagon

I didn't fall, I stepped gently off and I will probably step gently right back on. Went out and had a couple beers with my friend D. and then we were joined by Jf, one of my best friends, and D's girlfriend R. (These initials are, like, super annoying. I need to come up with another system of preserving anonymity. Maybe I could give them each a code name, using things found in my refrigerator as the code! Yes! I shot pool with Mayonnaise, and then Carton of Eggs showed up! Wait. No. That's worse than the initials.) Anyway we shot some pool and drank a couple beers, and then I left, went to Kmart, came home, read and went to bed. I'm okay with it actually; I have to watch myself constantly with alcohol, not let it start to fill up my days and nights, not rely on it, and remember my triggers, remember what makes me go over the edge (parties and my period, to be exact) but if I'm careful, it's okay. I think. I hope.

At any rate though, I didn't fall far enough away from the wagon to have a hangover, although my head did hurt at 4:00 am when I had to get up and let Barbieri in. I wish he wouldn't tomcat around outside all night but he is, after all, a tomcat. If a somewhat poofty one since his, um, operation.

No comments: