Thursday, December 02, 2004

No More Hangovers For A While

Sorry to disappoint my loyal nonexistent public, but I'm on the (gasp) wagon. Roll, roll, rollin' away, six days and counting. I'm tired of hangovers and I'm tired of getting totally fucked up piss drunk once a month (sometimes more) and making a fool of myself. Thanksgiving was the last straw, ugh.Also, I want to get skinny, and this cannot hurt.

So I signed up here where they don't, unfortunately, have a forum. They have an email list, so I signed up for that, and now, in two short days, the format is driving me completely insane. I'm getting, like, 60 emails a day, and I can't keep track of any threads. I tried it in digest version and it was just as bad if not worse. So I think I'll drop that, which is a pity, since I like the concept and I'm hoping it works. I am going to try not to drink until Christmas. . . I may or may not succeed, but I'm treating it like a diet: if I fall off, I'll just get back on. And I will try not to fall too far. I wish someone would make these people a forum, or a community blog, or something, but that person is not going to be me.

The only issue with sobriety, as far as I can see, is boredom. What do people who don't drink do all night? I have no clue how to socialize without alcohol or bars so I'm just staying home, surrounded by books (will update books list, you won't believe it, I can't help it, it's true) and going to bed early. This is working great so far - but I can see if I keep on like this I may get a little spooky, proverbial hermit in the cave kind of stuff.

M. is back at school, having tried to make me a carpal tunnel splint out of toilet paper, flame orange police caution tape and Q-tips. He played about 40 straight hours of Battlefield 1942 Secret Weapons and Warcraft, ate tons of turkey & sugar, so he went back to the hippies in good shape. All this kept me off the computer for about a week, which should have helped my arm, but doesn't actually seem to have done much. Damn.

I'm broke and it sucks, I haven't been laid in months and months and THAT sucks, so, in other words, same shit, different month. Happy December. Wahoooo!

No comments: