Monday, November 08, 2004

Terrifyingly Un Hungover Weekend

I worked all weekend on this - there was supposed to be a Wolf Kahn image here, but, there isn't. I am new at this. I will figure it out. Anyway, I busted my ass to create a vital, fascinating, and yet not too intimidating 40 minute slide lecture on American landscape painting, including a really groovy few minutes on earthworks and earth artists (the stuff I really like.) And if all goes well, I will have a new job in a coupla weeks - and a little, not enough, more money. And that should be interesting, because otherwise or maybe anyway, I am leaving the fucking country because I cannot, will not, buy into Bush Amerika.

My head hurts, my feet stink, and I don't love Jesus. Given the way the country's going, that ought to be enough to get me hung quite soon.

Anyway, it occurred to me that this was a hangover free weekend, what a novelty, and what a good time to start a blog called the Hangover Journals, which I've been meaning to do for, oh, about two years now - and now I am. Welcome. As it were. Or something. Should I post a picture of my cats now? Here's a link to one of my best friends' band www.countyfarm.net - now, give me a few days, and I'll make that look far cooler.

1 comment:

mygothlaundry said...

I have no clue. When I first thought about it, it was as a classic blog - the emoting online journal of my tender innermost adolescent thoughts, like. But then I also thought that I would write like a maniac and get discovered and somehow make money. Now, I want to use it to keep in touch with you and maybe a couple of other people - not a ton - but I don't know. What do you think?