Sunday, November 14, 2004

The Book Thing

One of the other reasons I started this thing was to list what I'm reading, keep myself listing it. So, this is what I have read lately/am reading:
Christopher Moore, Island of the Sequined Love Nun (bwah ha ha ha! I LOVE this man!)
Eyes of the Calculor
Thraxis
Tony Hillerman, The Sinister Pig (not so good)
Diana Wynne Jones, The Homeward Bounders (okay, a kid's book, I was desperate)
Christopher Paolini, Eragon (another kids book, not great, also start of a series, boo hiss)
Kinky Friedman, Meanwhile Back at the Ranch (love Kinky, but his newer stuff is not as good as his older stuff)
Jennifer Roberson, Sword Singer & Sword Dancer (okay)
Wilson Rawls, Summer of the Monkeys (ditto okay, also kids')
Simon Green, Guards of Haven (okay)
Armistead Maupin, 28 Barbary Lane & Back to Barbary Lane (skipped the first Tales of the City part since I read that a year or two ago - I liked it up to the end where Mary Ann turns into the psycho bitch from hell, that was annoying)
Elizabeth Hand, Waking the Moon (a reread: now THAT is a GOOD book!! She rocks)
Emily Brighwell, Mrs. Jeffries on the Trail (I am embarrassed as hell to admit this, it ranks up there with cereal boxes)
Faye Kellerman, False Prophet (okay)
And I think that's it for the last two weeks in November, although at some point recently I reread most of William Gibson and Neil Gaiman, American Gods (awesome) but I can't remember whether it was after November 15 or not.

No comments: