Monday, March 29, 2010

Day Off For the Blahs


dogs on the porch
Originally uploaded by mygothlaundry
I have the blahs. I feel like shit, yet I don't have any real symptoms except being exhausted and mildly dizzy with a headache, small sore throat, ringing in my ears and general malaise. You know, kind of like a hangover except without the part where I had anything to drink last night or, for that matter, the night before. I woke up cranky, took the dogs for a walk, felt dizzy, came home, took a shower, got ready for work and was standing there all dressed up when I decided fuck this, I'm calling in. And since then I have mostly slept except for waking up occasionally to wander around the house wondering if I'm really sick, faking it or just insane. I actually hate days like this and my inner mother won't let me go to Quizzo now, because as we all know, if you're not well enough to go to work, you're certainly not well enough to go to the bar.

In other news, as you may have noticed, I have completely changed the look of this blog. It was high time and yes, okay, I just used a template and haven't done one single tiny bit of editing it beyond clicking EZ buttons. You can tell this by the fact that it looks all clean and doesn't have strange gaps here and there. You may have also noticed that ADVERTISING on the sidebar. Yeah. That is called I am trying like hell to sell out, here, so please give me a hand in my quest to become one of the idle, useless, evil rich by clicking on that ad. I am not super clear on the concept but I believe that every time somebody clicks I get, like, .37 of a cent. Therefore you only have to click 90 times or 945 times - the calculator, due to a certain lack of knowledge of decimals on my part, is unclear - or so for me to have enough for a PBR at the Admiral, a small and worthy sacrifice on your part.

I am anxiously awaiting my first check, the more so since I thought perhaps I would do my taxes this afternoon (health not being a prerequisite for doing taxes) except that I have lost a vital tax document. This is a major drag which will probably end in tears, so I think I'm going back to bed to read old Nero Wolfe novels until the cows, or the google ad dollars, come home.

2 comments:

THE JANE DOE JOURNALS said...

Hey dear, When Michel had days like this Noelle would say he had "The Vapors."

Great ad! We’ve been contributing to Kiva for about a year and a half.

mygothlaundry said...

Heh, "the vapors" is what an annoying coworker of mine in New York used to call her period! Yup, the vapors, that's it.