Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Miracles

So this morning when I got over to the hospital, Mom was sitting up without an oxygen mask. She was talking. She was coherent and she was cranky about the fact that her ancient and prized large tooth comb has gone missing somewhere between the 7th floor and the ICU. I spoke to the Frozen Cyber Robot Doctor from 1955 again and he said that she hadn't had a heart attack yesterday after all. They don't know what happened yesterday. They don't know why she became unconscious and unresponsive and her lungs filled up with fluid and they also don't know why she then got better instead of kicking off this mortal coil as everyone expected her to do yesterday. They don't seem, actually, to know much of anything but frankly, I don't care. She's better again. And, as I told her when I left the hospital, she had better keep on getting better unless she wants to see me in a bed down the hall, because I can't take any more of this.

3 comments:

zen said...

Holy Jebus, Fliss!! That is just plain weird. You definitely got the roller-coaster genes or SOMEthing. Man oh man, will call soon, but my freakin phone is out after we lost power. - love!

Arwen said...

Glad to hear things are on the up and up. I think that doctor lives in every hospital (why can't they all look like McDreamy?)

Edgy Mama said...

Damn, Fliss. At this point, they should just give you your own parking space.