Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fuck

I may have spoken too soon. We have a whole NEW and IMPROVED problem. Now they say that her throat is too small because of the radiation treatment in the eighties and she isn't strong enough to cough out the goop from the MRSA pneumonia and so the nurse is saying perhaps a tracheotomy type thing and a feeding tube and my mother is saying that will happen literally over her dead body and my brother is saying that there must be some doctor out there somewhere who knows what's going on and has access to other patients who had weird throat cancer radiation in the 80s and are now in their 80s and have MRSA pneumonia and I'm thinking, yeah, sure, all three of them. Jesus fucking sweet christ on a pogostick. I'm going to the hospital and there had better be a goddamn parking spot.

4 comments:

Lori said...

My knee-jerk reaction is to get her the hell out of there. This isn't practical or wise. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

Anonymous said...

I've set up an altar and am making offerings to the parking gods for you right now!

Anonymous said...

Whoa...it's Emily..
Guess we need to catch up...
Call when you get a breath, I'm working at home now...

Hi Andy!!!

Edward said...

ahhh, I feel for you. With an 80-something mom on the west coast, I've had the long distance version of what you're going through. Her hubby calls with bad news, "your mom has had a stroke, can't talk, or walk." Next day, "Oh, it was a TIA, she's talking and smiling again..." Recent sinus surgery turned into ICU adventure with breathing tube and suctioning blood out of her lungs. Now she's home again and stronger than in over a year at least after being in a good rehab. These tough old birds really make for the emotional ride