Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Rejuvenating the Spirit and Channeling the Yip Yip Martians


bunny!
Originally uploaded by mygothlaundry.
Today is Wednesday, which is to say it's the day I spend an hour with my zen therapist. Today's lesson was about refreshing & rejuvenating the soul - right now I'm feeling very frazzled and harried and I'm doing a lot of things all at once, which means that I'm not doing any of them particularly well. Zen therapist says that that means it is time to drop everything and go refresh myself. So I went for a wander around the Botanical Gardens, where I'd never really been, and I saw this bunny. This bunny let me stalk it until I was quite close, like 10 feet away, snapping all the time. It was fun as hell, waiting til he turned his head, walking three steps, then freezing as he looked at me again. And it did throw me out of my head and into my body, into total "I am a camera" only mode. Which is good for me.

Zen therapist says that I am smart and also that I am very much in touch with my intuitive side and the dreamworld, the unconscious, the symbols, but the problem is that I second guess myself, overanalyze the symbols until they lose all symbolicness (this is via Jung, he says) and I then get tangled up in an indecisive mess of intellectualism vs. intuitive self vs. emotionalism and thus nothing gets done. Zen therapist is right, of course.

However, I also channel the Yip Yip martians, and so I think I'm actually in pretty good shape. I was driving over to Zen therapist's office, late as usual, a bit frantic, and on the Patton Ave. bridge there was a big livestock truck. In the truck were 4 or 5 goats, all huddled together in one corner with the big daddy goat sort of protecting the smaller lady goats. It took me a while to figure out what they were, from a distance and through the bars of the truck, and as I did I went "Yip. . yip. . .calf? Yip. . yip. . goat? Gooooooat!!! Yip yip yip gooooaaaattttsss!!" and then finally as I passed them I yelled out the window "Como estas cabrones?" and they ignored me. It was cool.

Lately I have been reading the Iwanna, because I need a new monitor and possibly a new computer, but instead of reading that section I almost always find myself magnetically pulled to the animals and livestock section. Did you know that goats are amazingly cheap? There are even some free goats in the Iwanna! And chickens are cheap or free too! I can't believe it! I am so tempted to get some goats and chickens I can't stand it. My emotional intuitive side says Go for it! You need goats! And chickens! And possibly a llama and maybe an iguana too! But my intellectual side says, Felicity, you have finally and completely lost your mind.

No comments: