Monday, July 03, 2006

On the Radio Tonight

Radio killed the blogging star, or, hopefully, won't exactly kill her, just turn her into an instant fabulous radio star. We'll find out, because at 7:00 p.m. I'm going to be interviewed on the radio, and you can listen to it here. In fact, even if you live in Asheville I think you might have to listen to it online, since as far as I know, WPVM can only reach approximately 10 people in the building next door. I could be wrong about that though, and if I am, well, it's at 103.5 FM. I tried to get it on my mom's radio at the hospital: no dice. That may actually be a good thing, because this interview may not be entirely mom-friendly. So few things are, after all, and I did mention her colon, and as we know, ladies don't have those. Certainly not on the air.

I was interviewed around noon by Paul "Brainshrub" who does this show called Tips for Political Bloggers. There is the small problem that I'm not a political blogger, unless you count the times where I kind of go off the deep end and start ranting and frothing at the mouth about health care or public education or the war, but Paul got around that by talking to me mostly about writing, and, of course, about my favorite subject: me. It was fun, and the WPVM studios are adorable and full of interesting people. Asheville does the community driven organization well: it's so full of bright talented dedicated types who have to wait tables to make ends meet and thus have mental energy left over for things like community radio or TV or films or drum circles or general anarchic weirdness. At any rate, listen to me on the radio. Tonight. 7 p.m. EST.

3 comments:

Edgy Mama said...

Of course I'm reading this from Jack of the Wood where I'm supposed to be, ummmmm, writing, but get Paul to send you the link to the broadcast so we can all listen to you rant!

Anonymous said...

Edgy Mama: The podcasts aren't archived yet. That's coming, hopefully within the next few weeks.

Drink a beer for me.

Happy 4th of Jul.

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Cheap domestic us airline tickets real estate patrick co va Rtoromanisch deutsch allegra http://www.bonnyflowergirldress.info 800 dating phone chat lines paxil side effects