Friday, July 07, 2006

Bold Fashion Statement or Terrible Error in Judgment?

Before
and After.





The haircut, in pictures.




I swear, I thought this was a good idea. I thought it was going to be great. I got tired of wading through knee deep drifts of dog hair and I thought, oooh, won't Theo be happier with all that hot heavy fur gone? So I took him on down to the Soapy Dog and told my friend R to go for it, shave it all off, you know, R, just go for it, and then I merrily went off for an hour or so . . and then, I was presented with the new Theo: Freak-O, reptile fox rodent creature of Mars. Galactic scourge. Interplanetary large tailed loon. After A and I got done gasping and laughing and falling on the floor, A said, "I don't think collies are supposed to be shaved." and damn if she isn't right. Good thing Freako isn't particularly vain and hardly ever looks in a mirror, because oh. my. god. He looks horrible. He looks naked and strange. I think I have to make him some clothes. I don't think I can even take him out for a walk: people will scream and run. Damn. Haircuts: not always a good idea.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great looking pooch! I think the haircut is okay.

Anonymous said...

That is too damned funny. MGL, *YOU* were supposed to get the haircut, yanno??? Although, perhaps it is good to have taken that out on the dog ... LOL.

arratik said...

oh my god, that's one of the funniest things i've ever seen! er, i mean, poor theo!

mygothlaundry said...

Awwww, don't be too mean to mumsy's pwecious widdle hideous mutant. I mean, who is da cutest iddle bog spawn of Cthulhu now? Sweetums scaly swamp rat!

Anonymous said...

Uhhhh. Would you care to translate, MGL?

(shudder)

Edgy Mama said...

OMG. I was thinking about shaving Rocky as most of his tail and heinie is already shaved from his absesses. But maybe it's not such a good idea.