Saturday, April 15, 2006

Personal DNA and More

Dig, I'm a Considerate Artist and you can find out more about ME here. Also, you can take your own test. It takes about 20 minutes but the graphics are all very nifty, with fun little sliders and graphs, so what the hell. You might, just conceivably, be as bored as I am tonight, although I doubt it.

I was all settled in to watch The Lost World and knit when the remote died. The original remote, you may recall, was apparently swallowed whole last summer by the Hell Hound, and, since the DVD player does not work at all without a remote, we replaced it with El Cheapo "Universal" Remote which randomly breaks for no apparent reason. When this happens, the kids fix it. Until tonight, when the kids aren't here. I called A and got instructions for how to make it work. "Push the select code button," she said, "and then push channel up until the channel changes. Then push menu. It takes a long time; you have to push channel up like 250 times." Yeah. Well. I pushed channel up 400 frickin times. I counted. Actually, it was probably more like 600 times, since about a little less than halfway through this process I replaced the batteries and started over. The second time I counted. Nothing happened. Nothing happened except that I looked at the white noise on the TV set and looked at the little light that lit up red when I pushed the channel up button and then looked hurriedly back at the TV in case I had missed the blessed event of the channel changing, and every fifty or so pushes I switched hands, since my carpal tunnel is in high horrible gear lately. Nothing, other than that, ever happened; the channel never changed and so I gave up on my plans to watch TV & knit, which was exactly what I wanted to do tonight and instead, here I am with my carpal tunnel, stumping Pandora by asking them to play music like XTC, which is, I admit, difficult, and playing Bookworm & taking dumb internet personality quizzes. Best laid plans of mice & men and all that shit. Grrrrrrrr.

Oh, and here's a picture of a tulip, because I can. Although it's a good thing that the tulips are beginning to fade and soon I will be forced to stop taking pictures of them, because it's getting a little creepy and I think I'm turning into one of those flower fixated old ladies who goes around cooing at plants, except it's even worse, since I take pictures of them. All hope will be lost if I start doing, you know, paintings of the photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ