Thursday, October 06, 2005

From the files of A

The following was written by my daughter A, about me. It's all true, dag. And thank you. Love you honey.

Okay, so this is A to write a few bits about my mother. I feel that she can write about herself all she wants, but you(the reader)may never understand who she is. So here it is. My mother is... well damn how do you explain her? She doesn't give herself enough credit. She has raised two children who are turning out to be alright. But let's get to some stories that are rather funny. First there is the one of how she ran over my brother's foot, that's a classic(she's going to kill me by the way when she reads this). Well here we were at a gas station after visiting the grandparents, she had also taken this week to quit smoking. This was a bad idea, because hello the pair, yeah right as if anyone could deal. So M did something, who knows and who cares, and she was making us leave. Well M's door wasn't shut so I yelled at her to stop and she did. Then we drove along in silence for a while until M spoke up and said "you know Mom, it didn't hurt a bit when you ran over my foot." That was the end of no smoking as you can imagine.

She also managed to kill a pet of mine and thought possibly the second but not really. I had a bunny when I was four who bit her, so she put him in a crate outside. She somehow had forgotten that we lived on a farm. We had something along the lines of 13 dogs and 13 cats. Needless to say I found my bunny strewn across the front yard. Well fast foward to me about 16. My mother left out an egg nog, which my cat Andy managed to drink. Andy was about 12 at the time. He did not climb out from under her bed for three days after he fell off the counter and any other high piece of furniture that he could reach.

Okay that's enough for the horrible stories regarding my mother, even though they are quite funny to us at this point in time. She really is an incredible woman who does not give herself enough credit for being witty and beautiful. She has this incredible sense of music that I tried to ignore for years, but alas have given into. She also is one of a kind. The type of person who I belive might run in our family. Yet we are still always the only kinds of our people. She is a mix between the Addams family meets the Kennedys with a small twist of Osbourne. I am still the only four year old to have ever entered CBGB's and damn proud of it. So if nothing else besides this, just take it that she is unique and this family one of a kind. Until the next time that she forgets this whole message and lets me write yet another post...cheers, always with a PBR!!

No comments: