Friday, October 28, 2005

Dead Things

A brief but seasonally appropriate post (my son M is home from school and getting months worth of computer time in 48 hours) anyway, there are a lot of Dead Things around my house. Last weekend there was a Dead Squirrel in the living room, and even as I type there are two Dead Voles right outside the back steps. As we know from a quick reread of the archives, there have been lots n' lots of Dead Things all summer.

Let us just suppose that these Dead Things, inspired perhaps by the season, by the halloween decorations, or by the Cancer Tent of plastic on the back porch (I hung plastic all around my back porch. It's kind of scary. A began singing "In a white room, with dark curtains. . ." and one cigarette takes on the strength of ten), become reanimate. Then we will be fighting an army of zombie voles, baby rabbits, and squirrels. I just asked M what we should use to fight this army. He said, "I think we're going to have to go with loud obnoxious music by Korn." So we're getting ready. We have CDs.

Likely to happen any minute now.

Also, I went to the Asheville Bloggers Halloween get together, and it was fabulous. And also, Viking Kittens!

2 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

The kittens are hilarious!

Edgy Mama said...

Nice to meet you, Felicity. Sorry not to have gotten more time to converse. I was rather obsessed with my whip.