Tuesday, May 31, 2005

My Kids Are Amazing

No, really, they are. They were so nice to me yesterday that I don't know how to behave. I guess I should stop beating & duct taping them to chairs. (for the record & the humor impaired, I have never even hit my children. Well maybe once. And I did run over M's toes that time on a road trip but it was a complete accident brought on by nicotine withdrawal and I wish they would stop bringing it up. Besides his toes were fine and if his sister hadn't screamed he might not even have known that they were being run over.)

My children, as we know, were not here on my birthday or mother's day, since they were away at college and boarding school, respectively. So they celebrated it with me yesterday, by going to 4 of my favorite restaurants, ordering something from each one, and bringing it all home and spreading it out on the table. It was marvelous and it even all tasted good together, which is kind of strange since you wouldn't ordinarily order tandoori, tofu & veg with peanut sauce, godzilla roll and crab cakes on one plate.

Then there were presents. M gave me the large google eyed frog garden ornament which I had been eyeing and dropping heavy hints about from Bi-Lo and A spent all her money and bought me a most wonderful chiminea. Now I have to have a real party outside so everyone can admire my lovely garden decor and we can sit around the chiminea drinking heavily and being all trendalicious like a photo shoot for Bon Appetit.

My kids are wonderful. I don't deserve this but I am really proud of them and glad they have turned out so well, against all odds I guess, given their insane mother. Also, I love my frog and chiminea. And Godzilla Roll!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about acne chugai health.com. I also have a site about acne chugai health.com which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

A friend just showed me this neat website full of joke
I cant believe the quantity an quality of humerous joke it contains
Heres one of the jokes i found on it:
Bob brought some friends home to his apartment one night after they had been out painting the town. One friend noticed a big brass gong in Bobs bedroom and asked about it."Thats not a gong" Bob replied "thats a talking clock. Watch this!"
Bob struck the gong and sure enough a voice on the other side of the wall screamed "Hey your jerk its 3 o'clock in the morning!"

seo leads said...

you have brought them up very well. you must be so proud.

seo leads said...

you have brought them up very well. you must be so proud.