Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Birthday Update

Okay, so I'm now the proud owner of a blind hound dog puppy, once named Tracker, soon to be named Jackson (as in Pollack, for the various splotches on his lovely white hide.)

Okay, okay, I said I wouldn't do it. I told everyone I met all day about how I wouldn't do it, while I told them the whole strange and miraculous story, about finding this puppy on my birthday, two weeks to the day since my old dog died, etc., etc. And. . .

well, of course I adopted him. I mean, for god's sake. Of course I did. And he is too cute for words. Here we are. I swore I wouldn't get another dog. Well, yet again I learn: never say never. Damn.

And as for the rest of the day, it was gruesome until I decided to just quit worrying about being pathetic and start telling every single passerby that it was MY BIRTHDAY BY GOD and then things started getting really fun. Went out drinking with my friends D. and J. (a different entirely D & J than on Saturday night, lo) and had a hamburger & fries & all is pretty much good in my world. Plus I am the richer by one adorable blind hound dog puppy. This is a good thing.

No comments: