Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Photos of the Oven

Of course I took pictures of my mangled and melted oven element. You know I did. Here they are, for your edification. I actually kept a couple of parts of it: it's kind of freakily beautiful in its own peculiar way. Look how it broke and that weird core. I might make jewelry out of it, although I'm way more likely to just put it aside to make jewelry and then do nothing. As has often been pointed out, I mean well, but I'm essentially lame when it comes to getting things done.

As a side note, the only tool I needed to fix the oven was a pair of pliers. Naturally, I left them right on the counter by the oven, where I made those death by chocolate brownies and equally naturally my pliers got partially covered with melted chocolate, which meant that I ended up running them through the dishwasher. For some reason, this struck me as hilarious.

No comments: