Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Crunch Time


toad 2
Originally uploaded by mygothlaundry
The whole family is having hysterics about the QOB. You would think somebody had a stroke or something. Oh, right.

It's all going to be okay. The QOB is recovering nicely. We'll get her down to Asheville in good time. Nobody needs to freak out. At least, that's what I think at the moment, which may just be because I don't, personally, have time to freak out right now. This is the busiest week of the year for me at work and I should be even busier than I am, instead of stopping for five or ten minutes at a time to see how many new Facebook friends I have accumulated. Yes. I am now on Facebook, although I doubt that will last long. So befriend me now while the offer is hot! I feel special when I get friend requests. It makes me briefly imagine that I'm not a desperate, geeky loner after all. Ah, fantasy and the cyberverse!

In other news, I saw this lovely little toad up in Bat Cave and it made me happy because, as we know, toads are indicator species and as they go, so goeth the ecosystem. I thought they were all gone but here's at least one; let's hope he's not the Last Toad in The World or at least Bat Cave. It occurred to me some time back that freaks and hippies are like the toads and frogs of Asheville: when they begin to disappear, there's a problem. Based on this criteria, I would say that Lexington Avenue is just not as healthy as it used to be and maybe we need an influx of hippie tadpoles. They're all on Haywood Road at the minute but perhaps as they grow legs they'll make their way downtown.

No comments: