Tuesday, October 17, 2006

One of Those Days: Self Pity Redux


craggy gardens view five
Originally uploaded by mygothlaundry.
I got out to Craggy Gardens on Sunday; a perfectly beautiful perfect fall day with the leaves changing and the blue sky and the crisp wind and so on. Good thing too, because I need to look at those pictures right now, when it's pouring, as it has been since yesterday night, and gray and damp and cold and miserable and fuck it, I'm wearing leggings. I have a sore throat; M is home in bed with a cold; A is home in bed with ennui; the plants I dragged in so they wouldn't get frostbitten are drooping all over the living room and the puppy ate my umbrella. I got stuck in traffic and was late; I got locked out of the building in the rain and I can't find my PSP disc. Also, I have to pee and I'm the only one in the museum except for three visitors, so I am sitting here with my legs crossed. I don't usually blog from work but when you have to pee and you cannot leave your desk all bets are off.

Also, I wrote a haiku. Here it is:

Return of Winter
Still No Heated Toilet Seat
Cold Butt Memory

3 comments:

Edgy Mama said...

brilliant haiku!

the weather is sucky today.

mygothlaundry said...

oooh, I'm glad you like it. It's almost as good as my pms haiku, which went something like this:

I hate all of you
But everything is sad
Tomorrow, cramps.

Edgy Mama said...

Love the pms haiku.

My friend Chelsea Girl wrote a series of haiku about sexual dysfuntion that are hilarious.

I'll see if I can find the post and e-mail it your way.