Monday, April 04, 2005

Mowing the Lawn

Is that, like, the most boring title to a blog post EVAR? What does it say about me that I'm writing it, or, even worse honey, what does it say about you that you are reading it? Hee hee. However. I did mow my lawn for the first time this spring and it looks much better, and I mowed up a lot of dog toys, (what a lawnmower can do to a Nerf football is amazing and educational) found a cereal bowl, four of M's socks, a well licked cat food can of a brand I do not buy and a work glove. The mower worked on the first try, which is some kind of miracle or record, and filling up my little red gas can at BJs cost $5, about a 250% increase from last year. And somehow, there is a tulip growing in the middle of my front lawn, in a place where I never, ever planted a tulip. So that is pretty cool - I mowed around it. The daffodils I planted have turned out to be tacky daffodils with orange trumpets in the middle instead of the classic old fashioned all yellow ones which I favor, so oh well. At least they aren't pink.

I took M with a carpool of two other kids back up to school and, as always, driving back down towards Asheville I felt the umbilical cord stretching, stretching, through the mountains and wavering, wrapping through the woods and getting fainter. It made me sad and so I turned on the Ramones at ear bleeding levels and drove fast through the countryside (a time honored Fliss method for combating depression) and came home to bourbon and the internet - also time honored. Here I am. I hate Paypal and daylight savings time with an unholy passion; the pope is dead, which affects me not at all; and I have a well reasoned, articulate, brilliant article on blogging and the reasons thereto in my head that I might write someday. Not tonight.

No comments: