Saturday, April 30, 2005

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy/I'm on a Diet

Sucked. Really sucked. The special effects were pretty, and . . and. . . they were pretty. Other than that, it sucked. I can think of nothing further to say except some sentences were never meant to be uttered in an American accent.

I have been on a diet all week; I have been so good; it's very tiring. It takes all my concentration to just not eat and to exercise dutifully. I have to stay home, too, because if I go out I will drink good beer (calories! evil!) and eat real food (more calories! more evil!) and at any rate, I end up going to bed around 9:30 to keep the calorie demons at bay. But I am determined and this is all good; if I lose 10 pounds I will fit back into most of my clothes nicely, if I lose 20 pounds I will be insanely beautiful, if I lose 30 pounds everyone will start worrying about me, hurrah.

M is home for the weekend with 2 of his friends. They are all sweet boys but they are like Great Dane puppies - they haven't grown into their hopelessly large feet and hands yet and they kind of bump into the walls and bang into each other. The house is trashed; they ate $50 worth of pizza in a couple of hours, and my head kind of hurts. Tomorrow I have to get them outside for most of the day, even if it is raining, which it no doubt will be.

No comments: